I'm on Instagram!

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Ariani and Man Kajang

Yesterday, we went to Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman to settle two things: the tudung for the akad nikah, and to meet with Man Kajang to discuss the attire for the malam berinai and reception, pelamin for nikah and malam berinai, and the hantaran.

I decided to wear the tudung for the akad nikah, given the solemnity of the event. At the Jakel opening in Shah Alam, one of the Jakel owners wore a chiffon tudung which I really liked, so we asked her where she got it from, and she said go to Ariani, their sister store, specialising in tudungs. So, off we went, and after lots and lots of trying, we decided on 1. We are having it custom made because we wanted it a bit different from the one they had, and also because my face is an odd shape, so I am in between sizes. But it will look something like this...

Super emphasising my bulat face

We then went to Euromoda to meet Man Kajang, my wedding planner. He will be doing the pelamin for the nikah ceremony, the hantarans, the malam berinai dress and the reception dress. He also arranged for the makeup artist and photographer for all 3 events. One stop shop ok this man.

I showed him the pictures of the dresses I liked. We decided on a blue-ish silver-ish colour for the reception attire and dark purple with silver thread songket for the malam berinai . He then showed me his ideas for the pelamin and hantaran,  and they are gorgeous! The pelamin will be white so that we can re use it for the malam berinai easily. The hantaran will be white lilies and roses, with crystal details. 

 Abang Man hard at work finding the fabric for me.

Abang Man showing some of his ideas for the pelamin from the latest Ratu Sehari. You can see the fabric we chose for the reception in the  background!

Yesterday was a very tiring day. Today is rest day for me! I need to sort out the wedding guest list and the nikah form. I need to get all the documents ready and get my HIV test. So many things to do!

6 comments:

  1. I was supposed to go to Ariani the other day as well! But they were still closed for Raya holidays :P So I still haven't gotten my tudung yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's ok, you have time. even if you want it custom made, it only takes them a week to do it. so should be fine, don't worry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ariani ade kt ampang park jugak! i always teman jid go there! heheheh

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe ye ke? mana2 je ade diaorg ni skrg.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love ariani punya style but pricey for everyday use. Omg, cant wait to see how you will look like with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried the same tudong u put on in the first picture. But it was too big for my head. Lol.. Didn't get anything from there though eventhough its in my shopping list. Haha

    ReplyDelete