I took the 1415 from Heathrow on Saturday 25/9 and was expected to arrive at KL at 1415 on Sunday 26/9. Instead, I exited the arrivals hall at 1830 on Sunday. Why? Well, we were circling around KLIA at 2pm, ready to descend. I had brushed my hair, put makeup on, and was all ready to see my family, hair shining and face glowing. Then I noticed the plane on the map on the screen in front of me going towards Melaka. After 10 minutes, it was in Batu Pahat. And then, the display screen showed '20 minutes to Singapore'.
PANIC
I started thinking about plan B, should I get a bus from Singapore to KL? Or should I stay for a night? Will Emirates be paying? All this without even knowing why we were headed towards Singapore anyways!
Finally, the captain gave an announcement. He said due to bad weather conditions in KLIA, they could not land, and will need to refuel at Singapore before going back to KLIA.
RELIEF
The moment we landed in Singapore, I called my mum, who was panicking like crazy, just as I thought she would be. She said the arrival board only showed 'DIVERTED' next to my flight number, and no one seems to know anything. Seeing as I was coming from the Middle East, she started thinking of the unthinkable... I don't blame her.
It took us about 1 hour to refuel, and 1 hour to get back to KL. Landed at about 5pm in KLIA. FINALLY. I was greeted by the blasting heat of Sepang, and it felt great to just to be off the plane!
I wanted to write about the new house, but am exhausted now, so will probably save that for later. Tomorrow I have an appointment with my nikah dress designer, Mr Syomir Izwa. Excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment