There's a show on BBC3 called Don't Tell The Bride. I always miss it so I end up watching it on BBC iPlayer. Every week, a couple are given £12,000 to fund their dream wedding. But there's a catch: The GROOM needs to plan everything. The bride just needs to show up on the wedding day.
I think BBC purposely chooses couples who are complete opposites. Because it makes it more entertaining.
Scenario 1: Choosing the venue. The girl will say to the camera, I want to get married in a mansion in the countryside. The next thing we see is the guy going into a Holiday Inn next to the highway.
Scenario 2: Choosing the wedding dress. First shot of the girl - I want a classic, elegant dress, not too ruffly or low cut. We then see the guy picking a cleavage baring dress with a full A line skirt, and ruffles to boot.
Scenario 3: Choosing the cake. The girl says I want a 3 tier chocolate cake with white icing and flowers cascading down the cake. The guy goes to Tesco to get Krispy Kremes and then dump them on a tray. That's his idea of a wedding cake.
Scenario 4: Choosing the rings. The camera crew films the girl going into Tiffany & Co and trying out diamond platinum wedding bands. The guy goes into Argos and comes out with a £24.99 "white gold" wedding band.
It's hilarious! You should see the girl gushing to the camera, talking about her dream dress, eyes all sparkly. And then when you see the guy picking the exact opposite, you just have to sympathise, because you know she will hold it against him for the rest of his life, saying "remember when you picked that horrendous wedding dress for me???". She will win every fight they have from the day they say I do.
The day before the wedding, the bride finally gets to see the dress. And somehow, even though the dress is the complete opposite of what she wants, she cries and says "it's perfect, he knows me so well!".
And the next day, when she goes to Holiday Inn, and sees the Krispy Kreme wedding cake, she says "Oh it's so quirky and different, I love it!"
It just shows, when you love somebody that much, nothing else matters. Not even if you look like a giant ruffly marshmallow, eating a Krispy Kreme in a hotel next to the M25. Love conquers all :)

No comments:
Post a Comment