Today has been a long day. The first half of the morning was spent switching my laptop on and off 10 times because outlook wasn't connecting to the server and Microsoft Word was acting up. IT services kept telling me to switch it on and off, like that would solve everything? Sometimes I don't understand why we have an IT team...
The second half of the morning was spent rejecting calls from recruitment agents, who have got my number from god knows where and want to lure me away from my 'exciting and rewarding' audit career by telling me about the lucrative offers on the 'other side'. I told them if they can find me a job in Ireland, I will give them my CV right now. They thought I was joking. Said even the Irish are moving to the UK to get a job, why go there? Sigh, the sacrifice of a wife...
The afternoon was spent arguing with the client over some misstatements we found which is not material individually but in total could impact the scope of the audit. This means nothing to her, so she says it's too late in the day to start posting adjustments, so she's not going to do it. I told my manager this, who then tells me to 'sort it out'. Very supportive.
So I spent another hour with the client and FINALLY managed to get them to post the adjustment. Dina 1- Client- 0. Then I had to spend another hour documenting my afternoon discussion with the client. Which meant I left the office late. By the time I left, it was raining and the train was delayed. I ended up breaking my fast on the train, eating a chewing gum I found in my bag.
Tomorrow there's going to be a tube strike. I can see the mayhem already. Traffic everywhere, buses delayed. Uurrgghh.
Can I just lie in bed tomorrow... pretty please?
No comments:
Post a Comment