I'm on Instagram!

Saturday, September 4, 2010

ACA BABY

Exam results out today. Was a nervous wreck the whole day. Couldn't concentrate on anything. I spent the whole afternoon doing admin stuff ie time sheet, feedback, appraisal slides. I left the office at 4pm. Was thinking about going to Westfield to window shop, clear my head, but decided to go home straight away. Was reading all kinds of surahs in the train to keep me calm. Please God be kind to me!

At 5pm, I was on the bus, and got the text message. My heart was pounding and my hands were trembling. Opened the message, saw the word *Congrats* and breathed a sigh of relief! Alhamdullillah.

My colleagues went out for celebratory drinks after getting the results. Me? I bought a can of Pringles to enjoy after buka puasa. That's me, living it up. Hehe


When I was sitting for my SPM exams in 2001, I made a 10 year plan for myself:
1) Get straight As for SPM
2) Get a scholarship to study overseas.
3) Get into LSE.
4) Get a chartered accounting qualification.

9 years, 3 exams (SPM, A levels, Uni) and 15 ACA papers later, I am finally there. 

Dina T, ACA. 

Show me the money baby. Woot woot!!!

P/s The last step of my plan - get married. :) And I am ahead of my plan by 1 year. Nice.

19 comments:

  1. I AM SOO PROUD OF YOUUU!!!

    heeee congrats dinaa!!! you deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks drog, it's finally over! no more exams!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks dinda, hope the wedding prep is going ok!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks baby, it's feel so surreal, mcm tk percaya it's been 3 years since i first started doing the exams.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly amazing!! :) Seems like only yesterday I was visiting you in London during your first year of working :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!
    and ahead by 1 year too.
    wow.
    respect! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. mimi - yeap, it seems like only yesterday that we were dining at lincoln's inn, now dah nak kahwin dah kita!

    dina - thanks deens, am just very thankful that it's all done with :) now i can move on with my life - get married and have babies like u!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow a 10 year plan? Macam RMK-10 pulak. Hehe.

    Heartiest congratulations! No more studying..such a bliss (unless you choose to?) I'm just one step behind so I'm hoping to catch up!! Hehe :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats dina!! dats great to be on track! alhamdulillah!

    ReplyDelete
  10. azmir - u know me, always having a plan, never one to go with the flow.

    I can feel that November will be THE ONE for you :) all the best!

    Pial - thanks p, syukur alhamdullillah that i got through. Long time no hear, hope all is ok :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats babe!!!!!! Sorry i mcm tertau belated sket ;) i knew you could do it! So proud of u! Okay, now i really miss lepaking at ur room in college n kacau u study ajak gossip :p good times :) hope to see u soon! Sept 26! Cant wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks natte :) college seems like such a long time ago. now u're married and have a son!

    sept 26 baby, woot woot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. congratulations dina!!!! now all done, tinggal nak kawin je :)) good luck with the rest of your wedding preps. **hugs**

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks dr ash! now i can finally enjoy my wedding prepping :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey dina,
    bila aku baca part 10 year planning tu, i'm smiling :)))) that was soooo u..and still remembered every detail that u told me about ur plan..btw, i'm ur ex classmate for form 4&5.the girl who sat next to u and always troubled u with her add maths homework!! hahahahaaha.

    loves,
    rozaini karim

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi zai, omg how did you find this blog?? and yes, you of all people would remember by 10 year plan. hope all is well with the family, must catch up when I'm back in KL tau!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i just googled ur name dear..balik kl nanti let me know k..am so proud with u!!!

    ReplyDelete