It saddens me when I hear of couples who go through endless quarrels during the engagement period. You weren't fighting before, why now? Do people change, or are you just seeing their true colours? Suddenly you hear the guy is mentally abusing the girl, the girl is too materialistic & the guy can't stand it (bankrupt mamat ni nak bayar duit hantaran), or someone has cheated on the other. WHY?
I am blessed to have a fiance who (for now!) is not acting up...
- He treats me with respect, though he does call me Pumpkin sometimes, he says I am short and bulat, just like a pumpkin! Grrr...
- He loves me for who I am - a strong headed girl (ie degil nak mampos)
- He understands that girls have mood swings (one of the advantages of being engaged to a doctor), and just deals with it i.e he doesn't say anything stupid (which can be anything really when you are PMS-ing) and he says yes to everything I say :P
- Sometimes I think he gets more excited about planning the wedding than I do...
Jiwang la pulak... I can imagine everyone throwing up by now hehehe

I used to think all these are myths.
ReplyDelete-Dugaan kuat mase bertunang
-Ade laa rezeki tuh nak kawen
-Ade laa rezeki baby tuh
Going through the process last year, I saw a lot of examples that made me think otherwise now. I kinda believe in it... probably not 100% but more towards the high side. They can come in different forms and types, ie they need not be fights, money etc. If you do get in a fight though, just remember that probably the devils are trying to push their luck to stop a sacred union between a man and a woman in the eyes of God. But for now, JUST ENJOY THE MOMENT! =) It's beautiful!
I know exactly how you feel Dina! I for one am also thankful that so far things are going smoothly and we have 6 months to go...I sure hope to maintain the status quo :p
ReplyDeleteAnd I think this entry is sweet :)
I for one know that the person above is now starting to feel a little frazzled because we haven't started doing anything yet hehe.
ReplyDeleteYes, it is a jiwang entry but I ain't throwing up on this.
baby: i am enjoying it baby, every minute! hehe i can't wait for THE day!
ReplyDeletemimi: sweet kan i? *blush blush* and babe, cepat la start planning the wedding!
mr dx: i dh suruh mimi start doing something already hehe refer to comment above