I'm on Instagram!

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Clocked out

And the day is finally here, my first day on maternity leave!

Can you imagine, 3 weeks from now (or sooner), I will be holding our mini-me in my arms. This last trimester really flew by. I’ve been so busy at work, trying to get everything done before I go and Alhamdullilah, I can say that I left everything in a decent enough shape. As my counsellor said, EY will not go bust if you go on leave so don’t worry too much about it. Well said.

We went for my 36 weeks check up last Thursday. Baby is 75% engaged and weighs approximately 2.4 kg. She will gain about 200-300 gm a week from now till her birth. The doctor expects the baby to be around 3-3.5 kg when delivered. When I heard this I was mentally picturing pushing something of that size from down there, and suddenly panicked! But then I told myself, women have been doing this for thousands of years. Most of them didn’t have any medical assistance too. So all I can do is pray that Allah swt is watching over me throughout this whole process.

I was very lucky last week because I got treated to lunch almost every day. The highlight of the week was on Friday when my office mates presented me with flowers, chocolates and a Mothercare gift card. I feel so loved! Especially since I’ve only been with the firm for about 16 months.


I now have to start thinking about how to fill up my time during my leave. There’s still some baby prep to do so hopefully that’ll keep me busy. But mostly, I plan to use this time to rest. Maybe a bit of pampering for mummy. Before it becomes all about the little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment