I'm on Instagram!

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Ready?

As we get closer to the due date, I think to myself, am I ready for this? The labour and motherhood? During one of the antenatal classes, the midwife asked us, if you had to give birth tomorrow, are you ready for it? Have you been practicing your breathing techniques? Have you been doing your pelvic floor exercises? I know her intention was not to scare us, but that was definitely the effect. 

She explained to us the whole labour process, from the start of labour ie when your contractions are 20 mins apart, to the part where you should come into the hospital, ie 5 mins apart and lasting for 1 minute for 1 hour. She told us about what kind of pain relief we could choose from.  My plan is to go all natural for as long as I can, and then go for the Entonox (gas and air) when I really cannot tahan. 

The actual delivery itself or the second stage of labour, is of course nerve-wrecking. I asked the husband, how bad does it hurt? He said it's a different kind of pain. Pain that the worse it gets, the better it is. As it means you are closer to seeing and holding your little one. The one you've been waiting 9 months for. He said that's what I should imagine when I'm going through the pain, and it will help get me through it. 

 The midwife told us all kind of stories about husbands needing help in the labour ward and told everyone to be prepared and be strong. Orang sibuk push dia sibuk nak pengsan pulak.

Alhamdullilah, the one thing that I can rely on throughout the process is that I have a husband who will not faint at the first sight of blood. I hope.
Fewwwwhh. One less thing to worry about.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I got through it all the while thinking "Some kat kampung can lahir sampai 9 anak kat rumah no problem, there must be a reason why!!" haha.. especially when the pain gets worst.. :P You can do it!! heheh

    ReplyDelete