I'm on Instagram!

Friday, October 5, 2012

Mummy's day out

I had an antenatal appointment on Wednesday morning and decided to take the rest of the day off to relax. Firstly, the appointment went well Alhamdullillah. Urine clear, blood pressure normal, baby doing well and weight gain so far 10kg. I'm expecting a total weight gain of 12-15kg by the end of the pregnancy. 

I booked myself for a facial at the Himalayan Beauty Sanctuary after buying a deal on www.dealrush.ie, 1 hour Dermalogica facial for €26 (normally €60). Pretty good bargain I think. It's been months since I had a facial, but thankfully, due to the pregnancy hormones, my skin hasn't been acting up. It was so nice to be pampered though. I need to get a haircut as well before the baby comes, maybe after I pass my 36 weeks mark. 

After the facial, I wondered around the Grafton Street area and discovered shops that I've never been into before. There's a shop that specialises in maternity and babywear called Nelo Maternity. The stuff was a bit pricey but I found some swaddle blankets that were so cute I couldn't resist!


I then went to Avoca, which is a vintage-y shop on Suffolk Street. I wanted to buy some nice bracelets for myself, but in the end decided against it. No more impulsive buying! I did however get myself tinted lip balm from Burts Bees.


All in all, it was a great day. I got home knackered from all the walking but it was worth it :)

3 comments:

  1. i have the same tinted lip balm in rose..love burt's bees.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. swaddle tu mcm cute jek.seb baek anak aku insyaAllah boy.balut dgn kain pelikat jek.hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck dear! Praying for a smooth labour for you.

    ReplyDelete