You know how they say you need to get your hospital bag packed by week 36, just in case? Well I got to 37 weeks and somehow my bag was still unpacked. It was only after reading online about people going into labour at 37 weeks that I panicked and hurriedly pulled out my list. I know I've got everything on the list ready, but to fold everything and organise the bag seems like so much effort. But I'm happy to say, today, I finally have my labour bag and post delivery bag ready. Yay me!
I think deep down, I didn't want to start packing because doing so would mean accepting that the baby is coming. SOON. Don't get me wrong, we are so excited to meet and hold her after this long 9 months but maybe there was a little part of me that wanted a few more days to be just about the husband and I. After spending a full day with the husband on Saturday, just walking around Dublin, enjoying the sights, and doing some last minute baby/mummy shopping, I think that little part of me was finally satisfied and I was able to get on with the packing.
Which is great because now that the bag is packed and ready to go, I feel much more relaxed and prepared about going into labour. Obviously the hard part is yet to come but we'll cross that bridge when we get there!
Can't wait to see you little one!

No comments:
Post a Comment