I'm on Instagram!

Saturday, October 9, 2010

ijab kabul

I attended an akad nikah ceremony today. My sister was one of the bridesmaids, so I tagged along, as I wanted to see how the ceremony is done. It's been awhile since I've been to an akad nikah ceremony!

The groom's side was due to arrive after Isyak, so we left the house after Maghrib. We were one of the first ones to arrive as we live 10 mins away, so managed to snap some pics before the event started.

me with my sis

mummy and me

mummy and sis

The wedding planner was The Man himself, Mr Nas from Nas Great Idea. He introduced himself to my mum and me and talked about how he has been staying until 3am for the past 3 days to get the house ready for the ceremony! Dedication. 

The bride and her dayangs

The theme for the akad nikah is Arabian Night, as you can see from the bride and dayang's attire. The bride's dress was designed by Lynda Rahim. The bridemaids dresses were from D'Rias at Great Eastern Mall.

The bride and groom. Slightly blocked by the photographer from Mukhriz Latif Photography. The videographer for the event is CST Production. 

I didn't realise how much talking is involved by the groom during the ceremony. He has to say the akad, then the taklik. All through the mic. I recorded the whole event on my phone to show it to the fiance. Must remind him to practice beforehand! Mandi bunga dulu sebelum nikah hehe

It was a beautiful event, and I feel honoured to be able to witness it. Hope mine goes as smoothly as planned, insyallah...

No comments:

Post a Comment