I'm on Instagram!

Thursday, October 7, 2010

HIV test

One of the requirements before getting married in Malaysia is to undergo a HIV test. This needs to be done at a GOVERNMENT CLINIC ONLY. Klinik Kesihatan Malaysia ye. Cannot go to private clinics.

So on Tuesday, I called the clinic at AU2 Taman Keramat to ask when I can come to do the test. The lady said "kena buat appointment dik". Fine, I asked when is the next availability, she said 21/10.

???????

So, I told her in my sweetest voice that I was only back for a week to settle all my nikah forms. I am meeting the pendaftar nikah on Thursday so need to get the HIV test done by Wednesday. Tolong la saya kak! Thankfully, she was very understanding, and told me to come between 2-4pm that afternoon. Fuuuhh, lega!

So I showed up at 150pm that afternoon, and was 1st in line to do the HIV test. hehe. I looked at the appointment book (yeap all manual ye) and there were only 10 people booked to do the test everyday. It only takes about 15 mins to do the test for each person, and there were 2 nurses administering the tests, so I think they can do about 20 people in 2 hours. But I guess the nurses have other things to do so they only take in 10 people each day.

When the nurse called my name I sat down and she put some ointment on my middle finger. Then she took a small needle and took a sample of my blood. It didn't hurt much, and it was very quick so you get over it quickly. She then put some liquid into my blood, and we waited for about 5 mins for the results to show, and it was negative! Yay! 

So that's the last thing on my nikah form done. Tomorrow I am meeting the pendaftar nikah for him to review and make sure all is in order. I hope fiance's form gets sorted soon enough as we are running out of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment