I'm on Instagram!

Sunday, June 27, 2010

cops and robbers

At 6 am last Sunday morning, I woke up to the sound of a car alarm going off. Annoying habis. It went on for about 20 minutes, and then I couldn't stand it anymore. So I switched on my computer and googled... 'Hammersmith Police Station'. I called the number, and was a greeted by... wait for it... a computer activated message that said,

 "You have reached the London Metropolitan central hotline, please hold while we forward you to a staff member who will be happy to assist you".

Sabar je la. What if there is a genuine emergency? Thankfully, it wasn't a long wait. But that was probably due to it being in the early morning.

Note to self: call 911 if you are in an emergency, NOT the police station.

1 comment:

  1. Really??? Wahhh talk about inefficiency.. But then again, lots of 'incidents' happen in the wee hours of the night kan... So they should be extra responsive la no?

    ReplyDelete