I'm on Instagram!

Sunday, November 21, 2010

My bridal shower - 20 Nov 2010 @ Coco Maya, London

I woke up bright and early this morning to go for a back massage. The masseuse said I had knots all over my back, eeeep! After 45 minutes, she managed to sort it out, and my back now feels so much looser, alhamdullillah.

After the massage, I went to get my hair washed and blow dried for my bridal shower! I went for soft curls to add some body to my limp and lifeless hair.

 I wore a bright pink dress, just like Yan asked me to :) When we got there, I was given a bride-to-be sash. And then cameras starting flashing in my face, waaaa in shock sekejap.


The place that they picked is so pretty. It had butterflies, cakes, and pretty tea sets, just like I wanted. The place is called Coco Maya, which is just off Edgware Road. We had our own private area which is just next to the main cafe and is ideal for small parties like the one we had today. Highly recommended!


The menu was egg and mayo sandwiches, salmon and cream cheese sandwiches, various scones, various loaves, cheesecake, and so many other pastries! They also offered us various teas, so we tried rose, jasmine and chrysanthemum tea. I like jasmine tea the most :)

Assortment of scones


Assortment of chocolates

Rose tea at top right hand corner, yum yum!

assortment of loaves - lemon drizzle is my favourite!

the dining ware, everyone had a different set. So pretty!

After eating. we played a game. Everyone was given play-dough and a piece of paper with the name of a male body part on it. They then had to construct the body part using the play-doh. Guess which body part I got? hehehe I can't show the picture of what I though a male's private part should look like, too explicit! Suffice to say I got it pretty close to what it does look like. hehehe


Apart from throwing me the lovely shower, they also bought me presents! How sweet are these girls? They got me an "educational" book, lingerie, and stuff for me and him. Enough said. I love love the lingerie from La Senza, so pretty and frilly :)

Some pictures from today...

revising already











My bridal shower was everything and more than I expected it to be. I am so grateful to have such sweet friends who did all of this for me, may God bless you all always :)

8 comments:

  1. heee dina u nmpk so glowyyy alreadyyy...!!!:D

    and asal dgn gmbr 2nd last tu? nmpk mcm azz tgh nangis kat u smbil peluk hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks drog, i dah risau dah pengantin tak berseri sbb tgh stress with work, but alhamdullillah stress is slowly going away...

    haha mana adeeeee, azz tgh peluk goodbye je! jgn nak buat drama pulak during my bridal shower k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alaa.. dina i baru sedar we didnt take a picture together! Boo. I'm putting you as one of my first client in my future portfolio! haha i love party organizing :) Glad you loved it Dina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with drog! Dina you are absolutely glowing!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with drog! Dina you are absolutely glowing!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yan - i pun terkejut we didn;t take a picture together! you were so busy organising everything and it was so hard to get hold of you hehe. dekat azz's camera ade a few pics of us, yay!

    I think party planning is your calling, it was perfect from start to finish, thanks so much yan!

    Mimi - thanks mimi! hehe malu la people keep puji me like this *blush blush*.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow dina. lucky you! you had bridal shower. i didnt hv mine because friends were busy n stuff. but u do look glowing. good luck girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank u! i am so grateful to have such wonderful friends yang bersusah payah did the bridal shower for me, i feel truly blessed!

    p/s loving your wedding photos btw, update lagi!

    ReplyDelete