I'm on Instagram!

Friday, November 12, 2010

1 month to go

The days have gone by so quickly. I can't believe it is now 1 month before my wedding day! Soon my wedding ticker will only show the number of weeks, not months. Oh my...

I've been having mixed feelings lately. Work is becoming more stressful and just of control. I went to see my staff partner to discuss my Ireland transfer, and he asked about how work is going. I then burst into tears in front of him. So embarrassing. I guess it shows how keeping things to yourself will just eat you inside. I need to find an outlet to release my stress. He suggested calling the BUPA health line to ask for advice. I can't believe I'm so messed up that I have to go talk to a shrink!

To make me feel less of an idiot for breaking down in front of a partner, he googled 'Top 10 stress factors'. There was getting married, work related stress, and major lifestyle changes ie moving to another country on the list. 3 out of 10 factors is a bit too much to handle. He also thinks lack of a support system in London ie family doesn't help!

So now, the plan is to think positive! All will be fine insyaallah...

4 comments:

  1. oh dear...byk2 bersabar dan berdoa supaya dikuatkan semangat ye..trust me the moment selesai semua sure u akan tenang secara automatik, ye la dah jadi Mrs kan? hehe..

    just embrace the moment and enjoy your journey till the big day =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG dina! Reading this entry is like a reflection of my week! Tho I didn't cry in front of a partner but broke down a bit in my office. Luckily I have very nice and supportive colleagues who helped me through it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. suhana - thank u for your kind words. I am much better now that i've talked to someone about it. Need to keep a postitive attitude, nanti masa wedding day hilang seri! hehe tak sabar nak jadi Mrs :)

    mimi - i think every one in our position will breakdown. it's a lot to handle, work and getting married. and work is not slowing down which doesn't help! i hope u're feeling better now, all will be fine, just prepare yourself for the big day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The worse part was...about 2 weeks ago work was fine..I actually was thinking to myself "hmmm good time to go on leave"...then tiba2 this week every single old file blew up and new files coming in...i feel bad for leaving my team in such a state :P

    ReplyDelete