I'm on Instagram!

Saturday, July 17, 2010

boost of confidence

I had an early morning facial today. Thought it would be good to pamper myself a bit, maybe release the stress of exams and work.

So bright and early at 9am, I walked into the salon, only to be greeted by a shriek of horror from my facial lady, "What happened to your skin?".

Great boost of confidence I tell you. Especially since it's less than 5 months to my wedding day.

So we spent the first 10 mins or so talking about my:
1) Diet - "Only 1 portion of fruit each day? You need more than that love!"

2) Water intake - "5-6 glasses of water, but 3 cups of coffee a day? Are you kidding me?"

3) Rest - "You need more than 6 hours of sleep love" - I don't think so, plenty to do so little time!

4) Stress levels - Final exams looming and deadlines at work, you do the math.

So, she concluded that it's probably due to all the above that my skin in not in its best of shape. She says, after my exams are over, I should limit my coffee intake to just 1 cup a day. And drink LOADS more water. I said fine, and she immediately pencilled me in for an appointment in 1 months time. GULP. Pressure k. 

After my relaxing facial and massage, I stopped at Starbucks on my way home. Lesson not learnt. 

6 comments:

  1. I need your facial lady to see Mimi and spend 7 minutes talking the same thing as well! (minus the fruit portion)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww poor mimi! the pressures of being at the bottom of the food chain ie kuli batak. i hope it's all worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet she has to talk A LOT more about me drinking water :P But to be fair I only drink 1 cup of coffee a day :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha Dina! Try la reducing ur coffee consumption by 1 cup at a time. I tried! And managed to cut down to zero. Now dh 3 minggu tk minum (and hence the mountful sugar :p). Gigi pun makin putih haha. But either way, I'm sure come the big day u'll look glowy and radiant as u want.

    ReplyDelete
  5. baby - u lagi comel la dear, even though dah jadi puan :P

    mimi - from then till now, still not a fan of drinking water eh? hehe like my facial lady said, all the toxins in your body needs to go out, so drink!

    drog - i minum coffee sbb exam je :S if not i minum 1 cup a day je. i think its a psychological thing. but tape, dah nk habis exam dah hehe. and babe, i punye sugar in my coffee is nowhere near close to your consumption! terkejut aku tgk ish ish

    ReplyDelete