I'm on Instagram!

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Cuppy-cake

So I turned 29 recently. I know, I barely look 25 right *denial*. Have to say I accepted it better than when I turned 25. Age is nothing but a number eh? Especially now that I feel I'm a bit on track with my life - personal and career wise. Alhamdullillah...

The husband surprised me with a cake for my birthday - in the shape of a huge cupcake. Though I appreciate the gesture ever so much, I think he forgot that there's only the three two of us to eat the cake. So he ended up bringing half of the cake to the hospital for his colleagues to enjoy.

The cake was a red velvet cake, with cream cheese filling and icing sugar frosting. I was a bit disappointed that the frosting itself wasn't cream cheese. I found the frosting to be very sweet but the cake itself was yummmmyyy. Safe to say I'm still on the hunt for the perfect red velvet cake, frosting and all. 

Thanks again sayang for the cake :) xoxo




She was a bit nervous with the size of the cake haha Wait till you see the giant Nemo cake daddy has in mind for your first birthday!

6 comments:

  1. OMG!! Suka sgt tgk cake ni!!!!!! well done!

    But yeah, a tad too big for 2 ppl. hehehe But mcm best jer!! Nanti balik we'll do multiple celebrations for everyone's birthday, ngan cake macam ni!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should bake one natte! this can be your next project hehe :)

      Delete
  2. LOVEEEEE your birthday cake!!!!!!
    My kys senior so pandai order for his wifeyy..
    hehhe Happy Birthday again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie and yes, he did well this year, so proud of him!

      Delete
  3. Nice sgt.. Dunno where to find red velvet cake in dublin. Mind to share where he got them... Happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He bought it from Johnnie's Cupcakes. You have to order it in advance though. But they have outlets all over dublin if you want to try out the cupcakes :) There's also a cupcake store in Powerscourt Centre near Grafton Street, but can't remember its name! They do nice cupcakes too :)

      Delete