I'm on Instagram!

Friday, June 7, 2013

Available

It's official. I am now serving my notice period with EY. 

When we were in Malaysia a few months ago, I thought long and hard about our future. In the end, I decided that going back home is the best option for us, Yasmin especially. We wanted her to be near our families, know her culture and have a good religious upbringing. The expensive cost of childcare here also made the decision easier - expect to pay €1,000 a month to send your baby to the nursery. Also, after 9 years of staying overseas, I can happily say that I miss the hujan batu at home, regardless of the hujan emas here.

I went into the office today to meet with my Director to hand in my notice. He was very surprised. He asked whether I wished to be transferred to the KL office. I felt that working in audit and having a young baby do not go hand in hand, so I politely declined. 

So it begins, my hunt for a new job, a new career. Who knows where I'll end up? Wherever it is, I hope they'll be a great mamak place just around the corner.


No comments:

Post a Comment