Ahhh night feedings. I am thankful that since she was 6 weeks old, Yasmin only wakes up once a night to feed, normally at 3 or 4 in the morning. However during her first month, she would wake up every 2-3 hours to feed (as expected). The husband would wake up with me during those feedings, but I felt it was more for moral support rather than anything else. So as time went on, I told the husband he didn't need to wake up with me, and even asked him to sleep in a separate room so that he gets enough sleep. This is especially important on pre and post call nights!
During the weekends, he would sleep with Yasmin and I. Happy family all in one room. But somehow he is able to tune out Yasmin's cries for her feed. Selective hearing eh? Sometimes he would wake up in the morning and ask did Yasmin wake up last night? Tidur mati betul.
Don't get me wrong though. He does his fair share with Yasmin. Evenings are Yasmin and daddy time. She would give him her biggest smile when daddy comes home from work. He takes care of her while I cook dinner and do any other chores that I didn't get to finish during the day. He changes her nappy when she's had a major blowout. You know the ones that somehow seeped through the diaper and 3 layers of clothing? He also bathes her during the weekend so that I can prepare a nice breakfast for us.

No comments:
Post a Comment