I'm on Instagram!

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Uncomfortable

I think I'm at that stage of the pregnancy where nothing I do feels comfortable. Sitting down, lying down, standing up.. nothing works. Then when I finally find a comfortable position, I have to go pee. Then I have to try and find a comfortable position again. Bending over is also such a huge task now. I dropped my pen at work and decided to just walk to the stationery cabinet rather than attempt to pick up the pen. What mummies go through eh?

I see myself getting rounder everyday. I can't believe I'm saying this but I can't wait to start exercising to lose all this extra weight. I've looked up exercise classes at the dance studio near my place, and they look really interesting. Zuma, aerobics, boxercise, pilates. Endless choices.

On a lighter note, I went to a breastfeeding workshop at the hospital yesterday. There were only 4 people in the class (supposed to be 6 but 2 didn't show up). The midwife gave us each a baby doll and a knitted blob thingy shaped like a breast. It was hilarious. My doll was blond with blue eyes, yeap definitely my baby.

The midwife told us about the importance of breast feeding for the baby's early development. Then she taught us how to massage and hand express our breasts in preparation for breastfeeding. There was a session on the different breastfeeding positions, my favourite is the lying down position. It was very enlightening.

Some key points from the session:
- Skin to skin contact is great for bonding with the baby. Even dads can help with this so that mummies can get some rest.
- For babies born in the winter (mine!), get a wooly hat for them.
- Feed from one breast, wind the baby, change nappy (if needed) and feed from the other breast.
- Babies are nocturnal. Accept it.

Bring on the sleepless nights!

1 comment:

  1. owh..kita sama.aku pun da pikir cara utk slim down blk lps bersalin.tp mampukah?dgn nak jaga anak lagik.kalo la ada duit lebih da suruh personal trainer dtg umah da.

    BF moment is the best!lying down is the best position but..make sure ko bukan jenis yg tdo lasak.nanti penyek anak tu kang.n make sure sebelah beby tu ialah dinding.walopun beby tak pandai bergolek, dont ever tdo kan dia tnpa penghadang.baru je ada kes baby bbrp hari, mak nyusu n ttdo anak da jatuh bawah.kesian sgt.

    ReplyDelete