I've been feeling very tired lately. Probably due to the low iron level and lack of sleep. Our little one is kicking up a storm nowadays. I notice that she is more active in the evening than in the day. I would go to bed around 1130 and she'll be relatively quiet then. I go for a quick toilet break around 130am and then it begins. Don't think she likes being woken up in the middle of the night! I'll be awake for a couple of hours till my next toilet break, around 4am, and then I would fall asleep after just from tiredness. But during those couple of hours, I would be tossing and turning to try and get into a comfortable position for the both of us, but to no avail. Sigh... I complain now but I think I will miss those moments. When it's just the two of us awake in the middle of the night :) Mummy and baby bonding time hehe.
I've tried a few things to help me overcome the tiredness. I'm now on iron supplements so hopefully that will help with the general lethargic-ness. I walk home from work, but only half way though, so that's 20-30 minutes of walking every day. Hopefully this will make me tired enough to just fall into a deep slumber every night.
Today, I tried something different - I took a bath!
I'm not one for baths. I don't think it's a beneficial use of water. The water used for one bath would probably be equivalent to 2 showers (just guessing here so I may be wrong). But I was desperate. So I prepared a bath today, using some Rosewater bath gel from Crabtree and Evelyn that I got as a birthday present.
I think I understand now why people take baths. The water therapy is great for relieving stress. I loved the smell of the rosewater gel too, it sinks into your skin and I can still smell it now, 3 hours after I took the bath. The whole apartment also smells of roses which the husband loves.
I think weekly baths might be a routine for me now until the baby arrives!
You should!! Relax2 laaa hehe bila lagiii.. You'll miss it, trust me :P Now go do some facial and pamper yourself, you deserve it!
ReplyDeletetula, nanti when the baby comes I won't have time for me anymore! hehe but am sure it'll be worth it.
ReplyDelete