I'm on Instagram!

Monday, May 23, 2011

Neil's Yard Remedies

Sha is crazy about organic and natural products, and I think this has rubbed off on me. I went into two natural product stores today, L'Occitane and Neal's Yard Remedies at High Street Kensington. The salesperson at Neal's Yard was really nice, and I ended up buying some skincare products from her - the Palmarosa Facial Wash and the Clarifying Mahonia Skin Gel. I was tempted to buy some other products as well, but was nervous that they might not be suitable for me, so she gave me some samples to try at home. So nice right?

The products at Neal's Yard are free from parabens and silicones so it is supposed to be very kind and gentle to your skin. For someone who has had sensitive and problematic skin like me, this is very good news!



She did a skin consultation first before suggesting to me which products to use and it turns out I have combination skin. She also said that my breakouts happen to occur on my lower cheeks and chin, which is a sign of hormonal imbalance. She suggested that I take evening primrose oil to improve this. She also said that if the breakouts are happening more often than before, it means that there are a lot of toxins in my body, so I should do a detox to clear them out. This will involve drinking lots of water, eating a lot of natural, unprocessed food i.e fruits and vegetables and drinking herbal tea. They also sell all kinds of herbs at the store, and she suggested a few combinations for the detox. But I remembered I had some green tea at home so I didn't buy any.


I've always hated the taste of green tea, so pahit! But it's good for me, and it gets rid of the toxins in your body so just I gulp it down and drink lots of water after to clear the taste from my mouth :)

No comments:

Post a Comment