The date of my big move to Dublin is getting close so I had to do one of the things that I hate most in the world. PACKING. My boxes arrived last Friday so now I have no excuse to procrastinate any longer. I took Friday off just so that I could start clearing out stuff. First thing to go, ICAEW study manuals. It was with great sadness that I had to take all my notes from the 12 lever arch files and dump them into the orange recycling bag. I managed to fill up 6 bags with my notes alone. And suprisingly, my room looks much emptier already!
With that out of the way, I now have to start getting rid of old clothes and shoes. I am planning to get rid of at least 30% of my current wardrobe. Seriously, I don't even wear them anymore, so what's the point? Might as well donate them to someone who actually needs it. I have a list of going as to what I will donate and it's getting longer everyday so hopefully that will leave me with less to bring to Ireland.
By Sunday night, I have managed to pack 5 boxes, yay! That leaves another 5 to go. Suddenly have a feeling that I might need more boxes, hmmm....
I also need to get a TV box for my TV. I cleverly threw out the box when I first got the TV. After looking all over the internet for companies that do sell TV boxes, I found out that Safe storage does. Fewwh. I want to bring the TV with me to save me arguing with the husband as to what show to watch when the football is on. Simple things to keep your marriage going :)
Also a good thing for the marriage - flowers :) For our 8 years anniversary of dating, he got me a a bouquet of pink roses, sweet sangat kan? My room smells so nice now!
It's Good Friday this Friday and with it comes a lot of bank holidays ie Easter, Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding (EXCITED) and May Day. I am taking a week off to go to Ireland for house hunting. Our first marital home :) Fun stuff!


hi there.. its aiza..
ReplyDeleteits my first time writting here..
just wanna congarts u bout the wedding.. (hope not too late).. sweet sgt.. =)
thanks aiza :) and congrats to u too! i think pengantin baru lasts for at least 1 year hehe
ReplyDelete