I made a batch of nasi lemak yesterday for lunch, and still had loads left so ended up having it for lunch and dinner today too. And I still have some sambal left! Completely over-estimated the amount of food I would eat. After a whole weekend of eating nasi lemak, I felt a wee bit guilty so I decided to go for a run. Which ended up being more of a brisk walking session. Even the two makciks in front of me were running faster than I was. It's probably all that nasi lemak holding me down a bit.
The husband is on call this weekend, poor guy. He rang me to ask what I had for dinner, and I told him nasi lemak. Immediately I could see his panic stricken face at his already tembam wife enjoying a plate of nasi lemak. He asked how much did I eat? I said I cooked about 1.5 cup of rice and enjoyed 4 meals out of it. He breathed a sigh of relief. Like literally. I heard a fuuuuhhh sound from the phone. Sabar je la. Then he said, when you move over here, we should go for a run every weekend. That's his way of saying I'll make sure you won't get fat under my watch!
1 month till the big move. Exciting times.
No comments:
Post a Comment