Yasmin is now 11 months old. She is so mobile, I am constantly running around after her. She's not yet walking on her own, more cruising around. My mum says she'll probably be walking on her own by her first birthday. Can't wait for that milestone!
Yasmin loves to eat anything and everything. Noodles, currypuffs, nasi lemak, you name it. She tried fish curry once and gulped almost 1 oz of water after! To encourage this everlasting love for food, I decided to get her started on self feeding. I know some parents started baby led weaning when their little ones were as young as 6 months old, but I just couldn't deal with the mess after. Also, I felt that Yasmin wasn't really eating enough, more playing with her food.
In preparation for self feeding, I bought her some new feeding equipment.
![]() |
| Tommee Tippee Feeding Bib |
I should have bought this bib sooner. So convenient and saves so much time on the cleaning up after. All the little crumbs fall into that neat little compartment. It's also foldable so I can bring it with us when dining out. The fasteners are good too, keeps her from yanking the bib off.
![]() |
| Mothercare large feeding bowl with suction pad |
This bowl is pretty cool. It comes with a suction pad that sticks to the table so your little one can't throw the bowl across the room. Super cool right? *Jakun mum moment*.
We're still in the early days of this self feeding business. And mostly it's only during breakfast where I cut her sandwiches into tiny little pieces and half of it ends up on the floor. Lunch and dinner is a bit difficult but I try to give her a banana or other piece of fruit to nibble on after her meal. Baby steps eh?
My little miss is growing up so fast. I have to plan for her 1st birthday soon. We've decided not to have a party, as she's too small to care, but we'll definitely get a cake for her. Just a little something for the album :)


No comments:
Post a Comment