Ramadhan has flown by, we are now in the last 10 days of this holy month. Although it will be sad to say goodbye to this month, there's something exciting waiting at the end... the long awaited arrival of my family! Yeap, the family will be celebrating Raya in Dublin this year. Mum is already packing her rendang, lemang and ketupat. Told her to bring instant lemang and ketupat but no, she wants the pure authentic ones, like the one she has every Raya morning in Malaysia. Haiyo.
In other news, the pregnancy is progressing well. Baby is now 25 weeks along. We had a 24 week scan last week and the little one is doing well. Actively moving and currently has breached so hopefully she'll re-position herself in the coming weeks. Mummy is doing ok. Back pain is starting to kick in, as well as heartburn. So I bought a few things to help me deal with it.
Ikea 3 euro stool
This stool is my life saver to help with my daily prayers. My back hurts so much now that it hurts to bend over. Thank God for this stool!
Dream Genii support pillow
I got this pillow to help support my back when sleeping. It has definitely helped with the back pain, so well worth the price. I imagine lugging this to the hospital when I go into labour too.
Bump is definitely getting bigger. I need to take a proper picture to show everyone. I love how people offer me a seat on the bus now, no questions asked. No second guessing. I no longer have to go to the upper deck to get a seat. The other day, I almost slipped on the stairs when coming down from the upper deck and from then on, I just wait downstairs.
Besides the bump, other 'parts' of my body are also getting bigger. Surprisingly haven't gone up a pants size yet, but maybe maternity pants are measured differently? I'm hoping to wear the same size till the end of my second trimester at least. I've gained 6 kg so far from my pre-pregnancy weight. The midwife said to expect another 6-8 kg increase until the baby comes. I foresee an intense exercise and diet regime following the birth to lose all this kg!
For now though, I'm not really dieting. Just trying to eat healthily to ensure baby is growing well. The doctor said my iron levels are good so she hasn't prescribed any iron tablets for me, fuuuh. Cannot imagine trying to swallow tablets at my current state. Habis satu jug air.
I also have my ante-natal classes starting soon. Exciting! I get to meet other first time mummies so can share experiences with each other. Can't wait :)

Awwww I want pictures!!! Ermm lepas ke lemang fresh through the borders? Suruh packing dalam plastic or something and put label buatan sendiri to show that it was not home made.. That should increase the chances of lepas :) bawa je instant also just in case ;) aww miss u guys.. And miss uk too!!
ReplyDeleteGahhh,. Dah tinggalkan comment, die erase plak.. Haha
ReplyDeleteNways, i want pictures!!!! Oh oh and ask ur mom to pack the lemangs make it look like commercial nya.. I.e put labels (ktrg print sendiri hentam je bubuh nama kedai etc) so it womt look home made.. That increases chances of lemang tu lepas through borders.. For australia at least. Just in case, bawa instants too hehehe
Miisss u guys!! Wish I was there to see you 'waddling' haha
wah expert gila in smuggling food across borders! she's triple packing the food so insyaallah ok. dublin airport a bit more relax than uk so hopefully tade hal la. i told them to bring instant ones too just in case!
ReplyDeletepictures coming soon, kena carik angle elok skit hehe
Nak tgkkk dina yg baru..heehheh
ReplyDeleteawwwh sure ur family esp ur mom excited gila nak jumpa u!! say hi to them!
ReplyDelete