I am now 20 weeks pregnant. How time flies! We went for our 20 weeks anatomy scan yesterday and Alhamdullilah, baby is looking healthy and developing normally. It always amazes me at how much the baby's grown each month. At each scan, I can see something new, last month it was the hands and legs kicking about, this month I can see the nose and ears. So in awe.
The scan was very detailed. The doctor scanned the brain, the heart, counted the fingers, looked at the lips, looked at the position of the ears, checked the spine, checked for kidneys, etc. She would say what she was looking at, and husband will be nodding along and asking some other questions and I will just lie there and wait for the doctor to look at me and say "All's normal". With the husband it was " the heart has 4 ventricular chambers with aorta and vessels ......". I felt so incompetent.
Of course, the best news that you get at this scan, if you're lucky, is the sex of the baby. When the doctor asked whether we wanted to know, I smiled from ear to ear and said "Yes please!". So she did her thing and Alhamdullilah we now know what we're expecting :) It wasn't easy mind you, the little one was moving around so much, practically doing somersaults in there. To quote the doctor, "Quite an athlete you have here!"
yeayyyy it's a girllll!!!! cant wait to see you baby girl!!
ReplyDeleteThanks aunty dee! We cant wait to see her too :)
DeletewOw yeayyy aunty bai is so excited! :))
ReplyDeleteHaha aunty bai lagi excited dari mummy pulak
Deletejust walking by.. congrats! may u have a beautiful baby girl :)
ReplyDeleteThanks lunia :) Exciting times!
ReplyDeletecongratulations on your soon-to-be-born baby girl!! :) baby girls are the bestest!!
ReplyDelete