I think I have reached a point in my career where I need to start thinking about what I want to do for the rest of my life. When we were in school, my teacher would ask me what I wanted to be when I grow up. I would say Accountant and she'll put it in my record, case closed. Little did I know that there are so many different areas of Accountancy. Industry, banking, professional services. The options are endless. But how do you decide? How do you choose something and trust that you've made the right decision?
At this point in time, if someone asks me what I want to do, I'd say I wanted to work in the Industry. Probably in a Finance team of a listed company, FTSE 250. That way, I can work towards becoming the Finance Director of a company, or even start my own business.
I've also always wanted to experience working in Banking, maybe even Asset Management. But how am I going to work 80 hours a week when my husband already works 100 hours a week? Who's going to take care of our babies?
Maybe I should just stick to what I know best (accounting and auditing) and join a small/medium size firm and work towards becoming a Partner. I can't bear going through another busy season with a Big 4 firm. EVER.
Whatever it is, I foresee another 10 year plan being developed and implemented. The first step is to increase my knowledge on all areas of accounting and finance, and find something that suits me best. Time to attend those pesky career fairs!
I feel like a student again.
Wah pukul 350 ptg bole update blog? sure x busy ni :D
ReplyDeletehehe kantoi! busy la but tiba2 felt like blogging :)
ReplyDelete