Today is my first weekend off in weeks. I was looking forward to a nice chilled out weekend with the husband as coincidentally, he had the weekend off as well. Very rare occurrence.
Unfortunately, I fell ill on Thursday and it just escalated towards the weekend. I rang the husband on Thursday to tell him I wasn't feeling well, and he brought home some medicine for me, which included the magic pill, antibiotics.
As mentioned before, I have a hate relationship with pills. That includes antibiotics. Why do they make them so freaking big? No way am I swallowing that.
I think there are two types of sick people. The "give me the drugs' kind and the "I'll just sleep it off" kind. I am firmly the latter. Just let me sleep for a couple of days and I'll be grand after. However, it's the day before audit sign off and I can't afford to go on sick leave. So I had to muster all my courage and face the antibiotics face on. Which meant I had to divide the thing into two and prepare a jug of water on the side.
I am happy to announce that I am now no longer risk averse to antibiotics. As long as it is divided in half that is :)
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank my amazing husband who has stuck by his stubborn wife when she refused to take any meds. He stood there with half an antibiotic in one hand, a mug of water in one hand and a stethoscope around his neck, complete with stern doctor look, lecturing me on how I have to take the antibiotics if I want to enjoy the rest of my weekend. Guess it worked as I feel better now after taking 3 rounds of antibiotics.
Thank God I have him :)
No comments:
Post a Comment