I have been feeling so unfit recently. I do so much walking in London, but not as much in Dublin and I think it's taking a toll on my body. Who wants to walk in Dublin when it's raining all the time? So, in an effort to boost my fitness, I decided to start walking from the office to home. I hate being all sweaty when I reach the office so decided not walk in the morning. That's a good 30 minutes of brisk walking every day, better than nothing right?
Yesterday, I was having lunch with a friend from work. She's from Brazil, and I kid you not, she can pass for a Victoria Secret model. You look at her and all you see is long legs and a perfect booty. She was saying how she misses Salsa dancing so much, as no one in Dublin can Salsa. I asked her what does she do then if she can't salsa over here and she said she does Zumba instead, next best thing. Then she started raving over Zumba, saying it's AMAZING, you have to try it, there's even a 60 year old granny in the class, etc. So, somehow I got persuaded and now I have signed up for Zumba Wednesdays. Every Wednesday at 7pm for 1 hour. The rate was good as well, €10 for ech class, or €50 for 6 classes.
Yesterday I went for my first class. Verdict? Absolutely love it! I suprisingly did not faint halfway through, woohoo. Guess my fitness level is not as bad as I thought it was. The instructor said I shouldn't focus too much on getting every step right, just move your body to the music. Even in Zumba I'm a perfectionist, sheesh. S was just salsa-ing her way through it, she's such a natural! She says in Brazil even little girls know how to salsa, it's like second nature to them. I'm so jealous.
I am trying to coax the husband to go jogging this weekend. He doesn't seem convinced yet, but I hope he'll change his mind come Saturday morning!
oh dina, kat gym yg aku penah pegi pun ada offer zumba.nak join tapi kelas tu mlm2.n u know, mlm2 is my time with izzul n hubby.so,aku tak join.but my friends yg join kata sgt mencabar tp best.ko mmg ptt join n maybe ko pun bley jadi Victoria secret nye model.*wink*
ReplyDeleteu can do it at home jugak, just beli DVD and ikut je. aku suka gi class, buat dgn ramai orang mcm motivated skit. zumba memang best, highly recommended! tak rasa macam exercise sangat hehe
ReplyDelete