Today is the 7th day of Ramadhan. Alhamdullillah, I have been able to fast every day so far. The first day was awful for me. Started getting headaches at about 5pm, which turned into full blown migraines by the night. I could barely lift my head when it was time to break fast. I had to take the day off the next day to recover. But now, I am slowly getting used to it. The trick is to take short walks whenever you feel slightly light-headed :)
The people at work have been very supportive. I come in early so that I can leave early as well. My brain just shuts down after 5 so can't really work past that. They've been asking a lot about Ramadhan and the significance of it, and I try to explain it as best as I can. I told them it's about understanding the suffering of those less fortunate than you, so that you are more thankful of what you have, and appreciate God's blessings on you. They then ask why does it have to be in the middle of summer, can't it be in December instead? I wish!
This is also our first Ramadhan as husband and wife. Given that iftar is at 9.30pm, I have time to cook dinner in the evening after coming home from work. On the first day, I made Mee Kari. Well, technically, the husband made it, I supervised from the sofa sebab dah migraine. On the second day, I made Nasi Beriyani with Kari Daging and baked Chocolate Chip Cookies for dessert. This was my first attempt at making Nasi Beriyani, nasib baik jadi. A bit tawar, biasala masak bulan puasa ni susah nak budget hehe. I can't remember what I cooked on the third and fourth day, but there was black pepper chicken, salmon asam pedas, roti canai and puding jagung in the mix. Yesterday, we decided to buy food for iftar, saja tukar angin. There's a new Malaysian cafe that opened about 2 months ago and they are selling food 'Bazaar Ramadhan' style, so we went to check it out. The husband got a bit crazy and ordered a little bit of everything. Karipap, murtabak, kuih seri muka, kuih lapis, ayam percik, sambal sotong, and tauhu telur cantonese. Suprisingly we managed to finish everything yesterday. The food was good and portion just nice. Portion dia Malaysia style so tak banyak sangat, ngam ngam.
Last weekend marked another first for us, we bought our first car together! We went to 3 different places, and finally settled on a light blue Nissan Almera. Nothing fancy, enough to bring us from A to Z. It's more for hubby to go to work so as long as it's moving, we are happy. He initially wanted a Renault Megane, but after reading the reviews, he decided against it. One of Rye's closest friends in Cork has an Almera and has been raving about its reliability, so we decided to go for it. We named it Wicky, because the car is registered in Wicklow :) So here he is, introducing, Wicky!

"They then ask why does it have to be in the middle of summer, can't it be in December instead?"
ReplyDeleteso cute! hahah
congrats on your first car!
it's a milestone i haven't achieved myself. lol
or is it first car together je?
heheh congrats anyway :)
thanks dina, you've achieved the ultimate milestone i think, giving birth!
ReplyDelete