I'm on Instagram!

Friday, March 18, 2011

Power to the people

Reading about the nuclear reactor crisis in Fukushima has made me interested in the pros/cons of nuclear power.  Back in university, I remember there being demonstrations on the Strand in front of the BBC building by anti-nuclear opponents. At that time, all I cared about was passing my exams so I didn't really pay much attention. But now, I find myself googling about nuclear power, Chernobyl, and sustainable energy sources. When everybody else is debating about the pros/cons of nuclear power, I am thinking about the brave Japanese engineers who are on a suicide mission at the moment, risking their lives to stop the nuclear reactor from exploding. And they do it without even thinking twice. They have been exposed to excessive radiation that will make them suffer from extensive health problems in the future. Doesn't it make you think, what good have I done today?

No comments:

Post a Comment