I'm on Instagram!

Saturday, March 26, 2011

baby anticipation

The question that I get asked a lot these days is...

"Are you pregnant yet?"

Seriously, what are the odds of us getting pregnant? We live 500 miles away. We see each other, on average, 2 weekends a month. Very small likelihood of my ovum being spermastised (is that even a word?)

However, recently we went through a pregnancy anticipation period. I refuse to call it a pregnancy scare as having a baby is not something to be scared of. It is a gift from Him, to be treasured and loved with all your heart. 

Story goes like this. I was 7 days late. Already I was thinking the obvious. Going to work with a constant smile on my face LOL. My cycle is like CLOCKWORK. Never late. On the dot 30 days. Sometimes 29 but never a week late. I told the husband, and he said don't get too excited k sayang, you've been really stressed lately with work etc. Obviously he was being the rational doctor rather than the excited potential-father-to-be.

So days went by, and I was now 10 days late. By this time, even he couldn't deny it any longer, We were in Dublin at the time for my EY interview. When going into shops, we went straight to the baby section. Looked at the adorable Baby Gap sweatshirts, and tiny Nike sneakers. Note that I still hadn't taken a pregnancy test because he said to wait until I was at least 14 days late. I sought a second opinion from Yan, who also said to wait until I was 2 weeks late. Tak percaya cakap doctor pergi tanye mummy pulak hehe.

Then suddenly, on the 12th day, our hopes came crashing down. How can you be sad for something that you never had in the first place? I know I shouldn't have put too much hope on getting pregnant, but the signs were all there. How do I justify the constant eating now? hehehe

In a way, I think Allah was being fair to us. With me about to start a new job in a new country, and the husband not yet done with his MRCP, he probably thought we had enough to deal with as it is. So, no, I am not pregnant... YET. We'll just have to wait and see :)

2 comments:

  1. OMG omg omg! heeee :D i baca pun excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get asked that A LOT too!! And lately with work stress I've been getting a lot of migraine, dizziness etc..and when I tell my colleagues, the FIRST questions is always "Are you pregnant?" :P

    ReplyDelete