I'm on Instagram!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

keep me busy

I need a hobby. Something to keep me busy while the husband is at work or studying for his exams. The obvious choice is SHOPPING. But I don't think this will go down well with the husband. So, I thought of cooking. I've always enjoyed cooking so maybe now is the time to expand my repertoire. Try different cuisines perhaps? Kelantanese looks interesting. I love Nasi Dagang, so might try and make that. 

Apart from cooking, baking might be another option. However, I never had the patience for baking. Measuring flour to the ounce is not my cup of tea. But then, making my own red velvet cupcakes would be so satisfying! Especially when I move to Dublin, as there wouldn't be a Hummingbird or Lola to go to for my cupcake fix. 

The bad thing about cooking is that all that food has to go somewhere. Which means I'll be eating more too. NOT GOOD. So, to get over this, exercising needs to come into the picture. Now, I've had a love hate relationship with exercise all my life. I hate it, but when I start doing it, I love it. This time around, I'm going to do it differently. I'm going to start slow and then work my way towards those daily 2 mile jogs. So, from now onwards, I'm going to take the stairs whenever possible, and climb up the escalator at tube stations.

Hmm cooking and exercising. With a little bit of shopping in between. Sounds good right? It's all about balance :)


No comments:

Post a Comment