I'm on Instagram!

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Review: Malam berinai

 The Malam Berinai ceremony was something that my mother wanted. I was happy to have just 2 events, ie nikah and reception. Heck, I was happy to have just 1 event! But I am the first to get married in the family, so my mum said kena la buat elok-elok skit.

The MUA for the Malam Berinai is Ezral Nordin. This was chosen by Man Kajang himself, as my chosen MUA suddenly became unavailable due to personal matters. Nasib baik ade Ezral! Personally, I prefer Ezral's makeup compared to Amy Janz. Somehow, his makeup looks softer, lagi ayu la konon nya. But don't get me wrong, Amy did an amazing job for the nikah and reception too!


Ezral hard at work. 

The attire was from Man Kajang. I know people normally go to Salikin Sidek for baju songket, but I couldn't be bothered to go to another designer, and I know Abang Man would make it perfect. And he did! We didn't even choose the material with him. I told him I wanted it to be purple, and he said purple macam colour biji kundang tu lawa. I didn't know what a biji kundang is, but my mum was nodding along with eyes shining so I didn't think much of it hehe. I received so many compliments that night for the baju songket, credits to Man Kajang, he is THE MAN. 


Man Kajang insisted that I wear all the traditional accessories. Which means gigantic sanggul, with all the cucuk2 thingy. He also instructed Ezral on which flowers to use in my hair. Control freak k pakcik ni, but I guess that's why he's good. 

close up of the groom's attire. ADORE :)

My mum is from Negeri Sembilan, and I myself was born in Negeri Sembilan. My mum was determined to have a berarak ceremony with the traditional tandu for my Malam berinai. The tandu came from my mum's kampung in Rantau, Negeri Sembilan. Complete with candles and all. Obviously we had to get people to carry us, so Mum hired some people that worked at her ladang to help out. The men look thin but kid you not, they are very strong. Relax je angkat the husband and I hehe. 



Scared as hell at this point, was clinging to the husband's hands for dear life!

Fireworks weeeeee!

After the berarak ceremony we went inside for the berinai ceremony. My aunties lighted up two candles, one for the bride and one for the goom, and told us to blow the candle out at the count of 3. We did this 3 times, and the husband won 2 out of 3 times hehe. The message is that as a married couple, you have to do things together, always :)


After the tiup lilin ceremony, there was a suap pulut ceremony. The aim is to put the pulut into your spouse's mouth. Not an easy task! I am not sure what the message is but it was definitely fun, and all the guests laughed at our antics hehe. 


The Malam berinai ceremony was my favourite amongst all. It was a small event, attended only by family and close friends. Thus it felt more personal than the reception. It was held at home, which is my favourite place in the world :) Everyone looked so happy that night and it made me happy to see them enjoying themselves.

The women in the family... theme for the night was grey. 

Introducing, the over-excited pengapit. 

LOVE :)

I got a message from dinawedding saying that my videos are ready! EXCITED. Can't wait to share them here. Ikram Ismail said official pictures will be ready by early Feb, so will be updating on that soon too :) 

6 comments:

  1. wah seronoknye di arak! bile lagi kan nak experience benda2 cmni, totally memorable sampai bila2 =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sangat memorable! rindu sangat time kahwin haihhh padahal baru sebulan lebih kahwin hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. owh sgt sgt suka post ni! tak sabarrrrrrrrrr nk tgk video! cepat la cepat! hahahhaha :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. sangat2 suka sebab ade featuring pengapit eh? hehe dah dapat video nanti aku share ok weeeee

    ReplyDelete
  5. dah dapat videooooo?? cepatttttttttttt la shareeeeeee! tak sabar..mesti sweettt gilerrr.. berangan mode oN!hahahah :)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. not yeet, diaorg mintak gambar to put as cd cover, but official pics belum dpt lagi. haiyo macam2. hopefully will get it soon la

    ReplyDelete