I'm on Instagram!

Monday, May 31, 2010

repair me

All brides prepare themselves physically and mentally for the wedding day. Glowing skin is on every bride's list. Together with being skinny of course (more on that later).

I have had a very rocky relationship with my skin. It is very temperamental, acting strongly to change in the weather, my diet, stress levels, etc. My facial lady says it's because I have very sensitive skin.

So, to realise my dream of having gorgeous skin on my wedding day, I found myself at the Estee Lauder counter in Selfridges, talking to the sales lady about their wonder product, the Advanced Night Repair Serum.


I have been wearing this for almost a month now, and I must say, it has produced amazing results. My skin is in much better condition, as proven by my make-up routine in the morning now taking only 5 minutes. You only need to use a tiny bit at night before putting on your moisturiser, as it is very concentrated. It does not leave a sticky residue so you don't feel like you're slathering oil on your face. And the sales lady said the bottle would last you a year, as you only use such a small amount. £55 well spent!

Now, to focus on the next thing on the list. Losing weight! I have lost 2kg since January. Pathetic I know. Need to step it up! It's so hard to find the time. What with working till 11 every night, and studying during the weekends. I think the only way I have been able to lose the weight so far is by not eating dinner. Which is not a very healthy way to lose weight. Sigh...

So, to make sure I am doing some form of aerobic activity, I climb up the escalator at the tube stations, take the stairs at the office, walk to the tube station and go to the water cooler once every hour. But I need to do something more strenuous to lose the pounds.

I think once exams are over, I have time during the weekends to exercise. So for now, I'll just focus on revising. :)

2 comments:

  1. Last time when I was doing the Bar I would walk up the stairs to class and consider it my exercise for the day..when I have less books to carry I would speed walk up the stairs.

    Now that I'm working, I think exercise is non-existence :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. i so agree with you. how sad are we?

    ReplyDelete