I'm on Instagram!

Sunday, October 20, 2013

One Malaysia

People always stare at the three of us whenever we go out. See, my husband is tall, dark and handsome, I'm fair, and Yasmin is a bit in the middle. I like to say she's my little caramel bundle of joy. Back in Dublin, people thought my husband was Pakistani and I was Chinese. Hilarious. Like I could pass for a skinny amoi!

Case in point
 Because of this, it's always funny when we go out, especially in KL. People always look as us twice and you can hear what they're thinking "One Malaysia betul this family!".

But in my husband's hometown in Penang, it's a different story. People look at Yasmin and say "Hang memang anak mami!". 

Ah well, she is her daddy's girl after all :) At least I know she has my eyes, my nose, my chin, my hair, and pretty much everything else except my skin colour. Beat that daddy!

2 comments:

  1. jgn terkejut if yasmin da besar she will have your skin colour. it happens to my friend. kecik2 kaler kulit gelap, da besar jadi cerah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unlikely to happen to Yasmin (have you met the father bahaha). Tape aku doakan dia sihat je. Yang lain2 tu kalau dapat kira extra la :)

      Delete