I'm on Instagram!

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

If it works...

Since we are currently unemployed, we have had to introduce a few cost cutting measures to ensure we use as little as possible from our savings. This means cutting down on our luxuries. First thing to go is my beauty products. See as much as I love my Neal's Yard and Dermalogica products, it is just too expensive for us at the moment. So, to Watsons I went. 

I've done my research and decided on trying the Olay range of products. I bought two things:

Olay White Radiance CelLucent White Essence
Olay Total Effects Day Cream Normal with SPF 15   


After almost 3 weeks of using these two products, I have to say I'm impressed. I have these dark spots on my cheeks that I can't seem to get rid off, but the Olay White Radiance CelLucent White Essence is helping to slowly reduce it. The Olay Total Effects moisturiser leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft and also comes with SPF 15, a huge plus! Since I only got the 20g bottle, I'm thinking of getting the Olay Total Effects with a Touch of Fondation next, that way I can cut down on using foundation during the day. After so many months of being makeup free during the day, I love the effect it has on my skin, so light and fresh!

My Dermalogica cleanser is close to its final few pumps so I need to get a new cleanser. I've been thinking about getting the Olay Total Effects cleanser since these two products seem to suit my skin but do I dare make the leap?

One thing's for sure, that Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair ain't never leaving my desk. Works like a charm that one!

2 comments:

  1. when u say Estee works like a charm..in what sense??? i've been using that but haven't noticed any huge improvements (maybe just delay the wrinkles kot?) was thinking of substituting that with argan oil instead but tak decide lagi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi D! For me it helps reduce the size of my pores and keeps wrinkles at bay. It also makes my skin feel super smooth. I use argan oil as a night moisturiser too after applying the EL Advanced Night Repair :)

      Honestly, I think it's the lack of makeup that helps improve my skin's texture. Which is why I'm dreading going back to work for fear of the effect on my skin. Coupled with work stress = major breakouts alert!

      Delete