I'm on Instagram!

Friday, August 2, 2013

MyKid

We finally got around to doing Yasmin's MyKid. When I was back in KL last April, I went to the Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara (JPN) branch in Taman Sri Rampai to apply for her MyKid. Turns out, because she was born overseas, her details are not yet on the system, so we had too go do it at the KL head office in Jalan Duta. At that point I became frustrated with the system and decided to postpone it to a later date.

Since the husband and I are now happily unemployed, we decided to go get her MyKid done. At the same time, we can also apply for a renewal of our IC. Turns out there's a new IC out so might as well get it done while we have the time now. 

Like any excited mother, I dressed Yasmin up to the nines and prayed that there would be no repeat of the dreaded passport picture. I assumed there would be a picture on the MyKid when actually, there's no need for one. I was one disappointed Mummy. But on the flipside, there were barely any people there so the whole process was very quick. We were told that her MyKid would be ready in an hour's time and our new MyKads would be available in 2 hours.

While waiting, we decided to visit Publika. I've never been there but have heard about the hype so why not pay a visit. It's right next door to the Jalan Duta government complex anyways. I quite like the place. Cosy, not too hectic. Maybe because it was a weekday? There's a few eateries that I already plan to visit post Ramadhan, very much looking forward to that. 

When we went to collect our new identification cards, all was ready. I was very impressed. For once, the system didn't let me down. And, they actually included my driving license details into my IC as well. So handy! 

Which reminds me, driving in KL is still a nightmare for me. Am slowly getting used to driving and all the new roads. Hopefully by the time I start work I'll be a pro!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you checked out the top floor. Ada byk kedai baby and baby gym for Yasmin to play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! We went to the top floor first and then made our way down :)

      Delete