I'm on Instagram!

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Patience

Alhamdullillah, Yasmin Athirah is 3 weeks old today. She is growing up so fast! I think she can see properly now because she looks directly at us when we talk to her. Also, she's feeding ever so much. By the time I feed her, change her nappy and put her down to sleep, I probably have about an hour before the next feeding session. 

So how has it been so far? I have to say, nothing can prepare you for motherhood. You go to the antenatal classes and they teach you everything from feeding your baby to bathing her, but when they wake up at 2am and do not want to go back to sleep until 5am, you can't help but feel defeated. I have been told that things get easier post pantang/confinement, and I hope to God that's true because at the moment, I can barely find time to wash my hair, let alone sleep!

My milk pumping sessions have also slowed down. All because Yasmin feeds every 2-3 hours so I don't really have enough excess milk to pump. I normally pump in the morning and get about 4-5 ounces. Hopefully when she feeds less frequently I can build up my storage :) But then, I am on leave for 6 months so I don't really need to be storing that much milk. It's more for emergencies when I'm too tired at night and then Daddy can take over :)

Wan is going home on Monday. It's going to be tough not having her around but we have to start sometime eh? Thankfully the husband has a few days off over the coming two weeks so he can help with the housework while I look after Yasmin and cook. 

Wish us luck! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment