3 days post delivery, on 2 December 2012, we were discharged from the hospital, yay! Finally, we get to go home and be pampered by Daddy and Wan (aka my mum). The hospital here practice rooming in between mothers and newborns, so for the first 3 days, Yasmin was with me 24/7 in a ward with 4 other mums and babies. Imagine being super exhausted from the labour and delivery, and then having to care for your newborn, coupled with having no clue on how to actually care for one? There were moments during those first 3 nights where I felt like breaking down. Thankfully, Yasmin is such a sweet and quiet baby. She only cries when she wants milk and she can sleep through anything. There was a baby in the ward that had some mucus in her lungs and she was crying all night long but Yasmin just slept through it. Bless her.
Upon discharge, Yasmin was borderline jaundice so we had to go back to the hospital 2 days later for a checkup. Poor girl had to get her blood tested as well during this check up. She was crying her eyes out and I almost cried with her. But she's so strong and the moment we held her she stopped crying and smiled at us. We had to come back 2 days later for another follow up and Alhamdullilah, she got the all clear from jaundice and we found out she had surpassed her birth weight! She was 3.20kg at 7 days old compared to 3.16kg at birth. Must be my constant feeding to bring the jaundice down!
Upon discharge, Yasmin was borderline jaundice so we had to go back to the hospital 2 days later for a checkup. Poor girl had to get her blood tested as well during this check up. She was crying her eyes out and I almost cried with her. But she's so strong and the moment we held her she stopped crying and smiled at us. We had to come back 2 days later for another follow up and Alhamdullilah, she got the all clear from jaundice and we found out she had surpassed her birth weight! She was 3.20kg at 7 days old compared to 3.16kg at birth. Must be my constant feeding to bring the jaundice down!
As of today, I am still fully breastfeeding Yasmin. She is such a slow feeder and it can take an hour to fully feed her. We decided to buy a breast pump so that the husband can help with the feeding at night time. Truly the best decision ever! I can even take naps in the afternoon now as Wan can just quickly heat up a bottle for her when I'm asleep.
Yasmin doesn't really cry when she has a wet or dirty nappy. This means that we have to check her at every feeding to see if she does have one. In the beginning, she would cry her eyes out every time we change her diapers, but now we figured out that if we change her nappy midway through feeding, she's a bit 'lalok' from the milk and doesn't mind the nappy change!
I've also started my pantang regime. I am taking the Nona Roguy confinement set that my mum bought from home. In the morning, my mum would make my air rebusan for me to shower with. I then have a quick massage session to get my circulation going. With breakfast, I drink some herbal tea and some jamu pills to help with cleansing the body and increasing milk supply. Then I put on my barut to help with the slimming down process. I've lost 6kg of the 15kg I gained during the pregnancy. But most importantly, my tummy is almost flat now and I can actually see my feet when looking down! Priceless post pregnancy moment :)
Yasmin is a handful but we adore her and already I can't imagine my life without her. Mummy and daddy loves you so much sayang!

Yasmin is so cute! I bought NR postnatal set for myself too walaupun baru 5 months pregnant. How do you like it? Cepat tak turun berat badan? Selamat berpantang :)
ReplyDeletehi hana! as of 15 days pantang i dah turun 10kg of the 15kg i gained during the pregnancy. i am fully breastfeeding and makan pun control jugak, makan sup2 je so i think that helps. i definitely recommend the NR set. so easy to use and it does work!
DeleteAwwhhh "mummy and daddy loves you so much sayang" so sweeeet!!!! selamat berpantang dinaa!!!
ReplyDeleteshe's gorgeous.. congratulations!!
ReplyDelete