Hello all... I know I know, it's been awhile. I've been busy. So busy with work, and being a wife. The husband has now permanently moved to Dublin, yay! It's our first time living together, so you can expect a lot of adjustments and compromises. Like how I have to give up some of my space in the wardrobe for his clothes. My handbags have been relegated to the wardrobe in the second bedroom, kesian. On the flip side, he is now the designated dish washer. I don't mind cooking but I hate the washing up. Nasib ada husband yang suka main air.
We've played hosts to a few guests already. Shasa, Anyz and Iman came over in June, and Rye's housemates from Cork came over last week. I love playing host. I find comfort in feeding people. When there's no guests around, I feed my husband. He's gained 7kg in 2 weeks. I look at him and feel so proud of myself. He gets his 3 meals a day, siap bawak bekal nasi campur lagi pergi kerja. So cute seeing him go to work with his bag bekal hehe.
I've also started making friends in Dublin. But I miss my London family so much! It's never the same when you meet new people. At least I know they're only a flight away.
This weekend is a bank holiday weekend, so everyone is already in holiday mode. The husband and I are going car shopping on Saturday. Sunday is lepak day and Monday is 1 Ramadhan insyaallah. We will be fasting for 18 hours this year. It will be a challenge, may Allah give us strength to go through it. I've already told my manager that I will be taking full advantage of the firm's flexible working policy this month. I plan to go in at 7, and leave at 6. Maybe do a few hours after breaking fast if needed. August is a quiet month so I hope I won't need to do those extra hours!
That's all for now. This post seems a bit random, but I hope I'll have more things to blog about after this. Hope everyone has a blessed Ramadhan this year!
I can so relate about the wardrobe! In the end I had to give a way some of my clothes to make space :P
ReplyDeletei guess it's true what they say, marriage is all about compromises.
ReplyDeleteI miss my Dina!!!!! :( ...
ReplyDeleteWell, i am glad ure settling down in Dublin nicely though. Jgn lupa blog about the shoes plzzzz me still waiting :D :D :D
Ok this is my second try commenting... pfft
ReplyDeleteI miss my Dina!!!!
Anyway, i am glad you are settling down nicely in Dublin. We miss u Deens... :( .. Jgn lupa update about the shoes plzzzz tengs :D xx
asal you post comment twice sha? hehe comel la u. i miss u too! we were thinking of raya-ing in london but tak sure lagi la, tengok budget :)
ReplyDelete