I'm on Instagram!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Dublin day out: Day 1

Today began my first day out in Dublin. I got a free Dublin city map from the tourism office and decided to try take the bus to the office, just to see how long it will take. The bus stop is about 5 minutes walk from the apartment and is called Eden Quay. There were about 5 bus stops there so quite a busy street.

Eden Quay
The buses are double decker buses just like in London, except that they are yellow and blue instead of red. I forgot to take a picture of 1, but you can see it in the picture above, that tiny yellow thing on the bridge is the bus.

The bus ride took 10 minutes and the bus stop was about 5 minutes from the office. So in all, my total journey to work will take at most 30 minutes. Compared to my minimum 1 hour journey in London, 30 minutes is an absolute bliss! Of course, I am mostly client based, but they are all in Dublin so hopefully it wouldn't take me any longer than 1 hour to get anywhere :)

From the office on Harcourt Street, I walked to the city centre. I had lunch first at South Georges Street, steak with fries. Sedap gilaaa. Now I'm eating grapes for dinner because I felt sooo guilty at the amount of fries I had!

Lunch at South Street Restaurant

All the way to the restaurant I kept snapping pictures of restaurants that I want to try out. This included 2 japanese restaurants, Sushi King and Yamamori, and an Indian Restaurant called Jaipur. Jaipur had so many awards shown on its door and I feel so tempted to eat there!

Yamamori, South Georges Street

Jaipur, South Georges Street

After lunch, I went to St Georges Parade. It's like a smaller version of Covent Garden market. There are some nice artsy shops there, but quite pricey so I didn't buy anything.





I wanted to snap more pictures at the arcade but got told off because apparently I wasn't supposed to take any pictures in the place.  Sheesh. 

I then went to Grafton Street, the main high street in Dublin and found a store called Stock which sells home decor stuff. Again, I couldn't take any pictures but I love the things they sell! I got a red glass bottle for the bathroom, to be used as a vase. So cute! I wanted to get some wicker baskets as well but realised I don't actually need it so didn't buy it in the end.

Tomorrow, I will be exploring O'Connell Street and the areas around it. I also need to get some baking supplies as I've decided to start baking! I've tried baking before, and realised I don't have the patience to measure everything to the gram. But I'm older now so hopefully that has changed :) I'm going to start small though, maybe chocolate chip cookies first? Sha gave me a Hummingbird Cakes recipe book and there is a Chocolate Whoopie Pie recipe that I am dying to try out.

I also got my unlock code for my Blackberry today, finally la kan. So I am now on BBM and Whatsapp, text me if you need anything y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment