I'm on Instagram!

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Dublin day out: Day 2

Yesterday, I explored the O'connell Street/Henry Street/Parnell Street area. These are the main high streets in Dublin i.e. shopping heaven. They are about 10-15 minutes walk from where we live, is that a good or bad thing?

Some of the pictures that I took yesterday...

Needle shaped tower in the middle of O'Connell Street. 
The Great Post Office (GPO). Main post office building.

 Penneys aka Primark. They call it Penneys over here. 

Clerys Ireland. This building reminds me of Selfridges, with the flags outside and all.

Flowers! 5 euros a bunch. I wated to buy lillies but the flowers we bought last week have not yet wilted so rasa membazir pulak beli bunga baru. 

Henry Street

Butlers Chocolate, Ireland's pride and joy. Aside from Guinnes of course.

 Moore Street market. This reminds me of Church Street market in Edgware Road :)

Random building on Parnell Street. I couldn't find a plaque in the area that states what it is, but on the map it says Rotunda Hospital. Takkan besar ni je hospital?

I went to get my eyes tested yesterday at Specsavers as they were having a promotion, half price eye tests. Turns out I need new glasses, boo! I decided to hold off getting a new pair until I get my first pay cheque.

Yesterday also marked a milestone in my life. I baked cookies. I haven't baked in YEARS. Last time was probably back in college, which was 6 years ago. Anyways, I excitedly bought a mixer and weighing scale at Argos, and got all the ingredients for chocolate chip cookies i.e. flour, butter, sugar, eggs. The first batch was a bit burnt, just a bit! The second batch was so much better, and I've been munching on them since yesterday. Almost half of it is gone now! I have now put the container on the top shelf to make me stop munching. Tak sempat laki aku nak rasa nanti. 

They may not be very pretty but I swear they taste almost as good as Famous Amos. To me la hehe.

The husband will be home soon. I am making steak with mash potatoes and salad for dinner. Salivating while I'm typing this. Cepatla balik sayang!

3 comments:

  1. Butlers Chocolate Cafe...I want to go!! hehe Wahh..steak and mash? sounds yummy :) I have yet to cook a meal since I got married :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww... sweetnya housewife ni ;).

    i want to try your cookies when i dtg ..thanx ahhaha demanding tul i ni :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dina, share the recipe please pretty please :)

    ReplyDelete