Alhamdullilah we have been back in Malaysia for almost 2 weeks now. Yasmin is still adjusting to the heat, poor baby. Her cheeks are now permanently 'rosy' lol.
Our journey back home was as smooth as I could have hoped for. We traveled with Emirates from Dublin to KL with a 2.5 hours stopover in Dubai. On the flight from Dublin to Dubai, Yasmin was a bit temperamental. There was a time when she couldn't stop crying for about 15 mins, but once I held her she was ok. I realised she wants me for comfort and daddy for playtime. Everytime we go into a new environment she will want me to confort her. This of course means extra painful arms for me but I guess that's part of a mother's sacrifice eh?
During our stopover in Dubai, I got Yasmin cleaned up while the husband went to get something for us to eat. We had our first double mushroom swiss burger from Burger King in over a year. I left her with the husband after to get myself cleaned up and on my way back From the bathroom I could hear her crying from a mile way. Think she realised I wasn't there and started crying. The moment I held her she stopped crying. The husband was not amused. He said she had been crying for 5 minutes and he couldn't do anything to calm her down. A mother's touch :)
On the flight from Dubai to KL she slept most of the time in her bassinet. Even when she was awale she wasn't too fussy, apart from a few minutes just before takeoff where she started crying because we've been strapped to our seats for almost an hour and still haven't left the runaway. I don't blame h for crying, we were getting restless ourselves, what more a baby. But other that that, she was a doll. Everyone smiled at her and she smiled back. The cabin crew even gave her award, Best baby of the day. Mummy was so proud hehe
We found that using a baby carrier is way more convenient than a stroller when in the airport. Especially during the layover in Dubai. Am so thankful that we invested in a Baby Bjorn before the journey, no back pain for mummy!
I hope Yasmin will be just as good on our flight back to Dublin. Ameen.

My baby is not here yet and I am already nervous for our flght to Sarawak this summer!
ReplyDelete