I'm on Instagram!

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Hot mama? NOT

I gained about 15kg during my pregnancy. I've lost all of it now but somehow, my body doesn't look like how it was before. Especially around the tummy area. I haven't really done any intense ab crunching exercises yet - been busy trying to keep calm while Yasmin wails all day long. However, now that she is much more manageable, I've started to build in an exercise routine into our daily schedule.

At first, I started slow. Just going for leisurely walks while pushing Yasmin in her stroller. I gradually upp-ed the pace and now we are brisk walking along the high street for an hour every other day. I like walking because it's convenient, gives me access to fresh air and has a calming effect on Yasmin. She always ends up super lalok in her stroller when we go for our walks. This keeps me sane for at least a few hours in the day.

However, the weather over here is so unpredictable. It could go from sunny to rainstorm in a matter of minutes. Also, when it rains, it would mean that I don't get my exercise for the day. So I decided to start doing aerobics at home, using this dvd.


I like how the dvd is broken up into 10 minute sessions so you get to pick and choose which one you want to do for the day. I started slow, just did one 10 minute session and then had to pick up a crying Yasmin. This happened a few more times and I was about to give up until I read an article about exercising while baby-wearing. So now I put Yasmin in her baby carrier and away we go! She loves the constant movement. I don't do the high impact/cardio burning exercise while carrying her though, just on squats and lunges. Don't want to risk it too much.

I need to lose another 5kg to get to my ideal weight. Hoping the treadmill in KL can help me with this so that by the time I go back to work (June), I will be at my ideal weight.

Wish me luck guys!

5 comments:

  1. Good luck! I am nervous about my post-baby body too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww don't be! With the baby around it will be the least of your worries :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Deena, found your blog by coincidence. You duduk kt City centre ke in Dublin? Cause I live kt Parnell st. Boleh la kenal2 nnt. My baby girl is 20months now :)
    -zhu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi zhu! Yes we're staying in the city centre near busaras. Email me your number pls at rainbowbubbleroom@gmail.com nanti can meet up!

      Delete