I like things to be done a certain way, at a certain time, on a certain day. I plan my life weeks in advance. I set myself 5 and 10 year plans. So when I found out I was pregnant, I was determined that this little one will be on a 'schedule' too.
Boy was I wrong.
From day one, I found out that Yasmin is not a 'schedule' person. She's more a go-with-the-flow baby. Just like her daddy. She arrived late for one, 6 days past her due date. She eats, poops and sleeps whenever she likes. Even now, at 11 weeks old, she doesn't really have a schedule or routine yet. Sometimes she naps for 4 hours during the day, sometimes she doesn't nap at all. Sometimes she only wakes up once at night to feed, sometimes she wakes up twice. Sometimes she poops every day, sometimes she poops every other day.
To most people, this is normal, and they say you just have to adapt to the baby. I find this very difficult to do. Say I planned to go out today but Yasmin was extra cranky so we end up staying in. Most people would just say, ah we'll go out tomorrow no biggie. But me? I get cranky and moody and somehow feel like my whole day has been thrown out of order. I can't help it, it's just my nature.
But now, I am slowly learning to be more flexible. Like yesterday, I wanted to get a workout in but she wanted to be held the whole day so I just ended up sitting on the couch, holding her in my arms and watching tv. And I was ok with that.
It's amazing how this little baby can make me do that. She makes me want to be a better person every day. I feel so blessed.
Now u know how bossy they are.such a lil sweet angelic creature but so bossy n surprisingly we obey.hahaha
ReplyDelete