I'm on Instagram!

Monday, September 8, 2014

Inspiration

So we bought a house recently. Nothing big, just a cosy nest for the three of us. It's currently undergoing renovation but I've already started looking for colour schemes for the house, particularly the living room.

I've decided to go for a 'summer in the English countryside' theme. Haha super-pretentious. Imagine blue skies, yellow daffodils, white daisies, green grass. Something along the lines of this:

Beach Style Living Room by Pawleys Island Architects & Building Designers SGA Architecture
 
But with a small toddler in the house, I don't think duck egg blue and beige sofas would be the most practical choice. Imagine her running around with her smudgy hands and doing finger printing on the sofa. *Cries*

I think a more practical choice would be plum, dark brown, black, maroon. So for now, I would probably have to put my English summer theme aside. At least until Yasmin is in school. 

 I wonder if I Google 'Practical living rooms for toddlers' what would come up.

No comments:

Post a Comment